Friday, April 4, 2008

Poem

Trapped With No Place to Go

Every time I close my eyes I find my safety there.
When they open I lose my mind, losing every care.
I want to scream, I want to shout, but something holds it in.
I hold my hopes, I hold my dreams, thinking maybe I can win.

Every day that passes I slowly slip away.
No rule I can fight, nothing I can say.

Still every day that passes leaves more of an empty shell.
All the thoughts inside my head are telling me this is hell.
I love my family, I love my friends, they are my last relief.
They drive me towards the light that’s so far beyond belief.

I see the girl of my dreams.
At this point there is no chance it seems.
In all aspects of my life I feel so low,
And know it’s apparent why,
It’s because I’m trapped with no place to go.

Regan

3 comments:

Matthew said...

The ease of your rhyme is amazing. Sometimes I do not like rhyming poetry because it seems forced. On the other hand, your rhyme seems very natural. Well done!

-Matthew

Anonymous said...

dude that was awsome man i can see it and it's so true

Anonymous said...

i really think that you write poems wonderful. the reason why this poem got my attention is because its like a horrible fear and i right am living a fearful life.
alicia